Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Greg Abbott continues to be bad at a couple of things

So he's bad at what, you might ask? Thinking, for one. And telling the truth.

As if his penchant for black helicopters and such wasn't bad enough, he decided to Tweet a bogus Winston Churchill quote because it would prove a point he was trying to make. A pity for him Churchill never said anything of the sort, although his attempt to walk it back was only a partial one:

"What I tweeted was a sentiment that I had," Abbott said at a news conference on changes to the state's bail laws. "It was irrelevant to me who may or may not have said that in the past. I didn't want to be accused of plagiarism for saying it. If no one else said it, attribute the quote to me because it's what I believe in."

Politicians: can't live with 'em. Actually, at times you can't take 'em seriously as adults, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newspaper of (W)rec(k)ord

 If you're a member of a conrunning organization, you know you're in serious trouble when the  Guardian  -  an internationally known...