Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why this is here

Some of might know me from Wait 'till the fire turns green on LiveJournal, which I originally intended as a catch-all page/blog for whatever I felt like writing about. While I still intend to publish WTTFTG, I'm going to use this page as a more in-depth source for information and commentary on skepticism, science and science policy, especially since there are a number of people out there who use science as a gigantic pinata that they can bash whenever they need a scapegoat. Some of them (the ones who inspired the title of this blog, as a matter of fact) are mentioned here, and my thanks go out to them for providing such a fine example of why irrationality in politics intersects so well with irrationality concerning science.

(NOTE: I finally decided to change the name from Another Lurker From The Depths) to Wttftg due to the common content of the two pages as of July 2015. Hopefully, no one is suffering massive attacks of bookmark confusion due to this fact...)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newspaper of (W)rec(k)ord

 If you're a member of a conrunning organization, you know you're in serious trouble when the  Guardian  -  an internationally known...